Handmade objects always have a story. They have a real character and charm over mass-produced items. My blog is featuring all the handmade items I make and I'm also going to post Free Patterns for crocheting, knitting and other crafts. I'm also going to post my favourite recipes for free! Are you interested in a certain pattern or recipe? Feel free to contact me.

I love to recycle books and records and create unique purses, clocks, IPhone docks, Ereader Tablet Covers, hollow safe books. You can find my crafting in My RETROGRANDMA Etsy Store

I also love to seek out collectible treasures and you can find them in my RetroClassics shop on Etsy

I've had a number of opportunities for my unique handmade items to be featured on many blogs. I LOVE the RETRO ERA and that's why they call me "RETROGRANDMA"! FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/Retrograndma







1 February 2014

Free Bun Bread and Doughnut Recipe

On a cold day (and believe me it's cold where I live) nothing is better than smelling the aroma of freshly baked buns and bread throughout the house!  I love it!  This recipe is from a vintage church cookbook that my mom used - makes the best buns or cinnamon buns ever!  

2 pkg. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup lukewarm water
     Let rise 20 minutes.  Then add to:
3 c lukewarm water
3/4 c. mazola oil
1 tbsp. salt
1/2 c sugar
6 beaten eggs
- Flour to make a soft dough (approximately 14 cups - but don't add this all at once - just a few cups at a time and stop once you feel the consistency is right. Do not add to much flour - make it slightly sticky)
Let rise in a warm place for 2 hours....then punch down and let it rise 1 more hour.  Bake into plain buns, cinnamon buns, bread, or doughnuts.  When working with the dough add some oil to your hands and it will be easier.  Once you've made your buns let it rise in the pans again for approximately 20 minutes.  Bake buns and cinnamon buns at 350 for about 15-20 minutes.  Bread will probably take longer - until golden brown.  
Nothing better than having a fresh bun with butter and homemade jam! yummmmmmm

No comments: